Every Windows Key Shortcut You Will Ever Need
Tips and shortcuts for easy and efficient PC use.
Following in the foot steps of my Window’s Run Commands article I have decided to give you even more handy tips to make your computing experience much easier and efficient. These shortcuts work in all versions of Windows up to Windows 7!
Below is a list of 12 shortcuts utilising the Windows key on your keyboard (pictured). The shortcuts I have written require you to hold down the Window’s key and press once the letters in the instructions.
- Windows Key – Opens the Start menu.
- Windows Key + E – Opens up an Explorer Window.
- Windows Key + D – a.k.a The Boss Key - Minimises all Windows and display the desktop, press D again to return all your Windows to normal. (Use this when you are doing dodgy things and the boss walks in the room ).
- Windows Key + F – Opens the Find dialogue.
- Windows Key + L – Locks your PC.
- Windows Key + M – Minimises all open Windows.
- Windows Key + Shift + M – Returns minimised Windows to their previous state.
- Windows Key + R – Opens the Run command box. (Read ’100 Handy Run Commands’ article).
- Windows Key + F1 – Displays the Windows Help menu.
- Windows Key + Pause/Break – Displays System Properties.
- Windows Key + Tab – Cycles through open Windows (Looks cooler than Alt + Tab in Windows 7).
- Windows Key + U – Displays the Utilities Manager.
Have I missed anything? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading!Tags: boss key, explorer, help, hide windows, key, key shortcut, key shortcuts, keyboard, maximize, microsoft, minimize, pc, run, run command, secret, shortcut desktop, switch between windows shortcut, system properties, tips, tricks, vista, windows, windows 7, xp, xp shortcuts