If you have ever accidentally deleted a really important file from your computer you will know that it can be extremely frustrating, especially if you don’t have any kind of recovery software already in place to undelete it. Even if you do, a lot of the software I have used in the past has been cumbersome and unreliable to use.
Recently I started using Recuva from Piriform. Of course I’m always one for free stuff so naturally Recuva is completely free as well, but don’t let that deter you, it is very light-weight, stable and fully featured software. When I say fully featured I mean it does the following:
- Undeletes files on your computer.
- Recovers files from damaged or formatted disks.
- Recovers deleted emails – Full support for Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail.
- Recovers deleted music from your iPod.
- Recover files from different types of memory cards – For recovering files from digital cameras etc.
- Restores unsaved Word Documents.
- Deep Scanning Option – Used if the initial scan doesn’t find what you are looking for.
- Secure Delete – Deletes files securely so they are completely unrecoverable.
Hands down this is one of the best file recovery programs I have used and no I am not being payed by anyone to say that. If you are looking for a decent file recovery option for your computer don’t look past Recuva.